Cyber Security plays a crucial role in the 21st century by protecting computer systems from digital threats, such as thefts of and damage to hardware, software and electronic data. Cyber Security degrees in the UK are ideal for students who wish to pursue a specialist career in computer networking and information security systems.
Cyber Security programmes in the UK help develop analytical and operational knowledge of areas related to cyber technology. Cyber Security students learn useful IT skills including Big Data Hadoop, Cisco-Networking, Ethical Hacking and Digital Marketing which prepares them for a successful career in the field of Cyber Security.
If you want to learn more about studying a Cyber Security degree in the UK, arrange your free consultation with SI-UK in Nicosia, Cyprus today.
Why study Cyber Security in the UK?
- The UK is one of the most proactive countries in the world battling cyber-terrorism. Cyber Security courses in the UK are amongst the best in the world with universities teaching the most advanced aspects of Cyber Security
- Computing labs, infrastructure, academic facilities and virtual lab facilities in the UK are amongst the most advanced in the world
- UK universities are internationally recognised for their high educational standards, stringent quality controls and professionally accredited degrees
- UK universities are research led providing students ample opportunities to engage with scholars and field experts to develop scientific knowledge and learn about the latest technological advances in the field
- Many UK universities offer flexibility with course content to choose modules based on individual interests and field of specialisation
Cyber Security entry requirements
A master’s in Cyber Security is suitable for graduates with a minimum second class honours in Computer Science or Business Computing. Graduates with good computing skills and degrees in numerate subjects such as Engineering, Applied Mathematics and Physics can also study Cyber Security. An overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum score of 6.0 in all components is also required.
Careers in Cyber Security
Graduates can move into a range of careers in IT, ICT, telecommunications and banking. There are also such roles available as security analyst, senior security consultant, cyber security manager, cyber security architect and information security officer.
Five UK Universities to study Cyber Security
University of Warwick
- Course: BSc Cyber Security
What Warwick say: "This degree combines theory and practice, with a strong technical focus to develop your understanding of how cyber systems are intended to function and how they might be abused."
Leeds Beckett University
- Course: MSc Cyber Security
What Leeds Beckett say: "With an in-depth focus on penetration testing and the implementation of defensive measures, your course will enhance your existing computing knowledge and develop your security expertise."
University of Glasgow
- Course: MSc IT Cyber Security
What Glasgow say: "The MSc IT Cyber Security is an intensive, practically oriented programme focusing on Cyber Security tools and techniques, which students apply to a significant Cyber Security development project."
- Course: Cyber Security BSc
What Coventry say: "Our Cyber Security BSc (Hons) course is designed to produce high quality graduates who can contribute effectively in one of the highest growing sectors in the UK."
University of West London
- Course: BSc Cyber Security
What West London say: "This cyber security course is designed to train tomorrow’s security professionals, combining fundamental concepts and principles with exposure to new technologies and solutions."
Study Cyber Security in the UK
If you are interested in studying Cyber Security in the UK and want to learn more about universities and the application process, arrange a free consultation with SI-UK Cyprus today.